Dermal needling is also known as skin needling. Its more technical term is ‘Collagen Induction Therapy’. It is perfect for those who want to firm their skin, reduce wrinkles, even out scaring, reduce pigmentation and boost overall skin health.
Dermal needling is a special regenerating skin treatment that penetrates deep into the underlying skin layers. Titanium micro needles, varying of sizes between 0.5mm to 1.5mm, are used all over the skin to stimulate collagen production.
The process of dermal needling creates controlled micro wounds into your skin. This allows your body to produce new collagen cells into these small wounds, which in turn help to protect your skin. The body’s natural wound healing response is stimulated and manipulated to target your particular skin concerns.
Dermal needling is mostly used to treatment skin conditions on faces, but other areas of the body can benefit from this treatment. Other areas of the body that can benefit from dermal needling include chest, back, neck and hands.
What can dermal needling treat?
- Wrinkles all over the face & neck
- Pitted scaring
- Stretch marks
- Dull Skin
- Enlarged pores
- Visible and long lasting results
- Natural collagen production formation for a year after each treatment
- Minimally invasive
- Reduces skin imperfections
- Plumps and firms skin
- Enhances the clarity of the skin
- Smooths skin
- Virtually painless when topical anesthetics used
- Minimal discomfort post treatment
- Short term healing
- Suitable for parts of the body other than just the face
Home Care Tips
- Apply sunblock everyday after your dermal needling treatment
- Use specialised post care products to soothe your skin
- Do not use harsh cleaning products - including soaps and foaming cleansers
- Do not use highly perfumed products or cosmetics for at least 4 days after your dermal needling treatment
- No swimming, spray tans etc for 2 days after your dermal needling treatment
- For at least 4 days after your dermal needling treatment do not use any products containing exfoliants.
A course of at least 3 treatments is recommended for optimal results. After about 6 weeks of dermal needling treatment you should start to notice an improvement in your skin. Depending on what condition you are being treated for you will notice a reduction in scars, pitting, redness, stretch marks and fine lines.
See our packages here.